by Master Stephen Co
REIKI is a very good healing modality that has helped many people, prima- rily through teaching those with little or no healing experience to access healing ener- gies to help themselves and their loved ones. According to the REIKI Masters who have attended PRANIC HEALING classes (over 500 REIKI Masters have attended PRANIC HEALING classes since 1990 in the United States alone), as well as my own observa- tions as a teacher and healer, here are some of the major differences between PRANIC HEALING and REIKI :
1. PRANIC HEALING is a complete non- touch system of healing. REIKI practitio- ners touch the body most of the time, but they also employ some non-touch tech- niques.
2. PRANIC HEALING teaches its students to “scan,” or actually feel the aura, to assess areas of energetic depletion and congestion, or stagnation, which helps identify problem areas that need healing. REIKI doesn’t use any energy assessment technique but relies on the intuition of the practitioner.
3. PRANIC HEALING employs a manual cleansing technique called “sweeping” to remove blockages and stagnant energies before giving fresh energy to the patient; REIKI has no comparable technique. PRANIC HEALING believes cleansing is critical to the healing process because dis- eased energies and negative emotions have to be first removed before energizing the body to or they may manifest physically – and sometimes dramatically – through vom- iting, loose bowel movement, a rash, a flu or other symptoms. Such expelling is often labeled as a “detoxification,” however, it is quite uncomfortable and can be prevented with proper cleansing. In fact, cleansing alone often allows the body to quickly heal itself by permitting fresh energy to penetrate deeper into the body to be utilized as heal- ing fuel.
4. PRANIC HEALING employs a “cook- book” approach to healing. According to thousands of case reports gathered by the founder of PRANIC HEALING, Grandmas- ter Choa Kok Sui, every ailment produces a unique set of energy patterns that can be identified in the energy body’s 11 major chakras and numerous meridians. REIKI has essentially one energy technique – facilitat- ing the flow of REIKI energy into whatever area needs healing – to address all health problems. PRANIC HEALING, by contrast, uses specific energetic routines of cleans- ing and energizing that are matched to the specific patterns of energetic deficiencies caused by a particular illness. PRANIC HEALING, thus, offers a quicker, more tar- geted and more effective system of healing.
5. PRANIC HEALING teaches its practi- tioners to draw energy directly from the sun, air, ground and other spiritual sources and then project this prana into their subjects’ auras. REIKI practitioners have to be “initi- ated” by a REIKI Master and given “sym- bols” to access the healing energies. It’s simi- lar to having to obtain a “password.” PRANIC HEALING employs simple breathing and visualization exercises that allow anyone to heal immediately with mini- mal instruction.
6. PRANIC HEALING includes a practice called “energetic hygiene” that is rarely found in any healing modality, including REIKI . Energetic hygiene is a set of prac- tices – breathing, dietary recommendations and other cleansing routines – that are de- signed to keep your personal energy tank clean and full. REIKI Masters attending PRANIC HEALING classes agree that en- ergetic hygiene is one of the greatest ben- efits of the class, particularly the techniques that enable them to cleanse themselves of contaminating energy they pick up from cli- ents and how to prevent subjects or nega- tive people from draining their life force. This is particularly important for not only REIKI practitioners but also other healthcare providers because these people frequently experience the pain or the ailment of their subjects become drained and tired after heal- ing someone.
7. PRANIC HEALING employs the use of color energies that dramatically accelerate the body’s innate healing abilities. In fact, many REIKI Masters often say that if they have a subject who wants immediate relief or rapid healings they use PRANIC HEAL- ING — particularly, the colored pranic tech- niques. But, if they have a subject who sim- ply wants a relaxing and soothing session, they use REIKI .
In summary, both PRANIC HEALING and REIKI are excellent healing modalities and help alleviate pain and suffering. However, PRANIC HEALING gives you the tools to produce faster and more immediate results while “immunizing” you against contami- nation from the people you are healing.
PRANIC HEALING complements any and all healing modalities. We always tell ev- eryone, whatever your healing technique – shamanism, Native American techniques, Chinese chi kung, REIKI , massage therapy, chiropractic, Christian laying on of hands and even traditional orthodox medicine – PRANIC HEALING will complement and enhance it. We are here together to help cre- ate health and happiness for all.